Major Brian Watters AO
Former Vice President, INCB (UN)
- Arts Degree from Newcastle (NSW) University, majoring in Medical Sociology.
- Qualified Psychiatric Chaplain and trained at Newcastle University in Addictions Counselling.
- In 1998 he was appointed by Prime Minister John Howard as The Chairman of the Australian National Council on Drugs, the peak Drugs Policy Advisory Body to the Australian Federal Government.
- A member of the National Board of Drug Arm Australia;
- Board Member of Drug Free Australia;
- Member of the Leadership Council of International Substance Abuse and Addiction Coalition.
- Past President of the N.S.W. Network of Alcohol and Drug Agencies with a Membership of more than 100 Agencies.
- Served on the N.S.W. Health Minister’s Drug Advisory Council.
- In 2005 he was elected by ECOSOC to the International Narcotics Control Board (INCB) of the United Nations – based in Vienna.
- In 2007 appointed Vice President of the INCB